Journal #2

Jacqueline Mendez

Professor Kinch

Engl 1012

3/31/24

Throughout these past couple of weeks, we’ve been focusing on our Research paper and making progress to make our first draft. At this moment I believe my writing process has improved, I feel more confident towards the three assignments I’ve submitted. I noticed that for the first few weeks of the classes I had a hard time adapting to my writing. For the final paper I’m hoping that I can reach my goal of having better grades towards my writing and improve in my skills. 

On the research proposal I received a couple of comments , overall the proposal was understanding but I was suggested to give some stronger discussion over how AI prevalence in social media. Overall, I think it’s an interesting topic to continue my writing. Going on to the Annotated Bibliography assignment I was confident with it when I first read it. Although when I read it the next couple of days after submitting it I noticed some mistakes I made throughout the bibliography that could’ve been fixed. Some examples are not putting quotes on citations and missing some information towards my paper. I recently submitted the Outline Reseach paper, the part I was more confident about while doing this assignment was looking for quotes. Knowing the topic I want to write about made it easier for me to look for quotes. Although I found it more difficult explaining quotes, I find myself repeating the quote. This problem has always been bothering me throughout the years, I just can’t find a way to back up my quotation. Overall, I think I could reach the point where I could get a decent grade towards the Outline paper. 

So far i believe ive improved in having clearer thoughts, in the papers i’ve received back there were now less misunderstanding sentences. One thing that I noticed that didn’t work for me is explaining quotations. I could be mistaken but I feel like I haven’t made much progress. As for the goal i think i could succes throughout this course and good make a good impression for the final paper.